The second licensing round was launched on 17 August 2004 following the passing of Parliamentary Act on the Second Licensing Round in the spring of 2004.
The objective of launching the second licensing round was to continue the exploration activities that began under the First Licensing Round in order to establish the existence of commercially exploitable hydrocarbon reserves in the Faroese subsoil.
Documentation for Second Licensing Round
- Material produced in connection with the second licensing round
- Enclosure 1, summary of applications
- Enclosure 2, geological evalution
- Enclosure 3, prospect economic evaluation
- Enclosure 4, faroese participation in the hydrocarbon activities
- Enclosure 5, company related matters
- Enclosure 6, documentation on health, safety and environment
- Prospect produced in connection with the second licensing round
Act on the Second Licensing Round
- Act on the Second Licensing Round 17 May 2004
- Explanatory notes to the Act on Second Licensing Round
- Schedule A, map of area offered for licensing
- Schedule B, model for License for the Second Licensing Round