The first licensing round on the Faroese contintental shelf was launched in February 2000, after Parliament earlier the same month had passed the act on the first licensing round by unanimous vote.
In August 2000 the Minister of Petroleum at a ceremony granted seven licenses to 12 oil companies, organised in 5 groups.
Material produced in connection with the first licensing round
- Invitation to apply for exploration and production license in the first licensing round
- Enclosure 1, summary of applications
- Enclosure 2, Geological evalution
- Enclosure 3, prospect economic evaluation
- Enclosure 4, faroese participation in the hydrocarbon activities
- Enclosure 5, company related matters
- Enclosure 6, documentation on health, safety and the environment
- Act on the First Licensing Round 8 February 2000
- Explanatory notes to the Act on the First Licensing Round
- Schedule B Model License First Licensing Round